Shoe Science Auckland Half Marathon Series
Five Amazing Events in Five Spectactular Locations
The Shoe Science Auckland Half Marathon Series brings together five of New Zealand's premier active sports' events into a season-long goal for runners and walkers alike. Iconic half marathons in Devonport, Omaha, Coatesville, Maraetai and the beautiful Auckland Waterfront make up the seven-month long series which runs from October to April. Make this your fittest summer ever in the City of Sails and sign up for a series pass today!
Although each event can be tackled individually, the rewards for completing all five are what drive us. Each series event will present every finisher with a superb, event-themed finisher medal of unsurpassed quality. But keep your eyes on the ultimate prize. Those who complete all five series events (at any distance) earn themselves the ultimate accolade, the AHMS Grand Slam medal!
We take our finisher medals seriously
That's because - for many - this is the motivation to go the extra k, train the extra hour, do the extra work to make it to that hallowed finish line ...
Series PointsIt's not all about the bling. Series Points - awarded in each distance - at each event accumulate throughout the season. Measure yourself against those in the same gender or age group to see how you're progressing. Had a poor one early on or just getting into your stride? The Grand Finale at the Waterfront Half Marathon offers double points ... there's still time to make some serious moves up the ladder. For those at the very top, beautiful trophies are awarded to the top points scorers in a variety of categories. Check out the detail in the Info section.
The Hoodie That Broke The Internet
Every person signing up for a Classic or Half Marathon Series Pass can choose from one of our two hoodie options - Dark Mode or Light Mode! Just the best way to keep warm on race morning ...
Super-Value Series PassThere's no better value way to enjoy the very best of Auckland running and walking than an AHMS Series Pass. Deeply discounted race fees combined with stress-free free courier delivery and a whole host of awesome extra goodies. What are you waiting for? Sign up now, get the trainers on and we’ll see you in Devonport for Race One!
This race season, it’s about you.
You. And the Road.
By The Numbers
It's Big. Huge. Flippin' Enormous! This is the Shoe Science Auckland Half Marathon Series ...
Secure Your Place on Five Awesome Start Lines
23/24 Series Pass Registration
SAVE BIG WITH A SERIES PASS AND SCORE FREE GOODIES TOO!
Five Events. One Price.
Important! Please familiarise yourself with our T&Cs (see below) prior to registering.
When entering one of our events, you will be required to accept our Waiver, which includes vitally important information we do not want you to miss. Above all else, you must acknowledge that your registration is non-refundable and cannot be deferred to a later edition of this event or transferred to another event (read our Refunds & Deferrals Statement). To be fair and equitable to all - we will not deviate from this position under any circumstances. You will also be acknowledging our Participation & Competition Rules including the important stipulation that - in all disputes - the Race Director's decision shall be final.
- Age restrictions are calculated using the participant's age on the day of Race One of the series.
- Entry to 10km Classic at all events except Coatesville (where Classic distance is 8km).
- Entry to 5km Fun Run & Walk at all events except Coatesville (where Fun distance is 4km).
- Courier delivery expires four weeks prior to first event. After this time, your race pack will be available for collection from each race venue during normal Race Pack Pickup sessions.
- Free hoodie for Half Marathon and Classic Series Pass only. Register early as sizes are limited.
Please also note:
- All amounts are in NZD and inclusive of GST. You will be directed to our secure online payment partner, Windcave, to complete your payment. All payments over $100 are eligible to use our "FlexiREV" facility to split your payment into 4 fortnightly installments (5% service fee applies).
- Delivery: You can expect your race pack to arrive by courier approximately 1-2 weeks prior to Race One of the series, provided you registered 4 weeks or more prior to that race. After this time, your race pack can be collected at any of the event's standard Race Pack Pickup sessions.
- Race Numbers: Provided you register at least seven days prior to Race One, your pack will include 5 x personalised race numbers ... one for each event. If you register after this time, you will be given a Late Entry number for Race One. Remaining race numbers can be collected at any of the event's standard Race Pack Pickup sessions.
Five Amazing Events Spread Throughout Tamaki Makarau
Five of the Best!
Run right across the motu with the Shoe Science Auckland Half Marathon Series
Harcourts Cooper & Co Devonport Half Marathon
Heritage homes, beautiful beaches and city views. An inner-city classic that features historic North Head.
Venue: Windsor Reserve, Devonport Village
Omaha Half Marathon
Voted a "Top Ten Bucket List Half Marathon" by Runners World USA. NZ's most exclusive beachside 'burb.
Venue: Rahui Te Kiri Reserve, Omaha
Coatesville Half Marathon
Rural running on Auckland's doorstep. Closed roads and views all the way to Sky Tower.
Venue: Coatesville Reserve, Mahoenui Valley Rd, Coatesville
GJ Gardner Maraetai Half Marathon
Two beautiful regional parks and the stunning Pohutukawa Coast Highway. NZ's most scenic half?
Venue: Te Puru Park, Beachlands
Waterfront Half Marathon
New Zealand's most iconic running venue, Tamaki Drive. Live timing and entertainment every km.
Venue: Selwyn Reserve, Tamaki Drive, Mission Bay
Everything You Need to Know About the AHMS
Race Number & Timing Tag
A valid race number (with timing tag on the reverse) must be worn on the front of your shirt whenever taking part in any of our events. Find out what it looks like, how to attach it and when you will receive it here ....
Walkers are made very welcome at all of our events and will often be 10% of the total field. Check out our walking guidelines with info on how to register as a walker and the competition rules ....
Immortalise your achievement with a revTab medal insert. revTab is a self-adhesive plate, accurately cut for the recess on the back of your medal. It is delivered direct to your home and shows your name, distance and time ....
The safety of our participants, crew and the public is our number one concern. First, last and always. Find out more about our safety procedures and what to expect at our events here ...
World Famous in New Zealand Since 2016. Here's What We've Done Together.
Series Points Championship
Track your progress all season and remember, double points at Waterfront!
Series Medals & Grand Slam Medal
This is what makes all worthwhile ... but only for the most dedicated and tenacious.